COVID-19 (Coronavirus) advice
18 MARCH 2020: PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL AFP ENTRANCE EXAMS SCHEDULED FOR MARCH 2020 HAVE BEEN CANCELLED. PLEASE REFER TO THE COMMUNICATION SENT TO YOUR REGISTERED EMAIL ADDRESS ON 18/03/2020.
The Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) is continuing to monitor the changing novel coronavirus situation. It is following the guidance of government health authorities on appropriate steps. The safety and wellbeing of our staff, clients and all those who have contact with us is our priority.
Our approach is to manage the situation based on official guidance. Key points are:
- Anyone who has been overseas or is a member of a household which has a confirmed case or has flu-like symptoms should not attend an ACER office, event, course or test centre in person until they have self-quarantined for 14 days.
- If you are unable to attend an ACER office, event, course or test centre in person because you are within this self-quarantine isolation period please contact ACER by email at the earliest opportunity and follow government health advice.
- If you are involved in an ACER assessment, test or examination please follow the advice given on the relevant page on the ACER website which will be regularly updated.
- If there is a need for any changes to scheduled assessments, tests, examinations, courses or events those affected will be advised directly.
- Practice good hygiene, washing hands regularly and limit physical contact with others.
- Practice social distancing as per advice from the Department of Health https://www.health.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/2020/03/coronavirus-covid-19-information-on-social-distancing.pdf
ACER staff have been briefed to use virtual conference call facilities wherever possible to minimise contact. If you do have meetings scheduled with ACER staff please follow this approach.
ACER will continue to act on official government health as the situation evolves.