The AFP recruitment process involves a number of gateways designed to determine an applicant’s suitability to meet the requirements of the role.
- Meet the AFP minimum entry requirements and demonstrate a commitment to the AFP's core values of integrity, commitment, excellence, accountability, fairness, respect and trust.
- Complete the AFP Employment Suitability Questionnaire.
- Complete the AFP Entrance Exam comprising of cognitive ability, numeracy, literacy and emotional intelligence testing.
- Initial first stage interview
- Background and security checks
- Fitness tests
- Health checks
- Psychological Assessment
- Selection Interviews
It is vital that applicants understand all stages of the AFP application process and confirm that they comply with the minimum entry requirements before submitting an application.